Commercial Property - Retail Properties - RETAIL PREMISES
The property is on the north side of Abington Street, which is fully pedestrianised. Abington Street is Northampton's prime shopping street within the town centre. Nearby retailers include, Primark, Thomas Cook and Marks & Spencer along with other major high street retailers, banks and food outlets. Northampton is a strategically located regional centre with a population in excess of 200,000 and a catchment area of approximately 300,000.
There is a range of redevelopment activity within Northampton - being an Enterprise Zone area:
- Multi-million pound re-development of the existing Railway Station
- New £25m development of student accommodation for the university in the main town centre
- New £7m bus station development on Northampton’s former Fishmarket
- Proposals for the expansion of the Grovesenor Centre onto the current bus station site (Greyfriars)
- New Cinema adjoining the Royal & Derngate Theatre
- Advanced proposals for the relocation of the University of Northampton to a centrally accessible site
Accommodation is provided on the ground and lower ground floor of a modern purpose built block with servicing and car parking in a private service area at the rear. Kitchen and toilet facilities are also located within the property.
|Sq M||Sq Ft|
|Lower Ground Floor||487.74||5,250|
|Rateable Value (Estimate)||£80,000|
|Rates Payable 2012/13||£36,640|
The Rates Payable figure is an estimate. It does not take into account any Transitional Arrangements. It is important that interested parties verify this information with Northampton Borough Council Rating Department on (01933 231691).
The unit is to be let on a new full repairing and insuring lease for a term of years to be agreed at an annual rent of £70,000 per annum, exclusive.
The rental quoted excludes any VAT which the landlord may have a duty or choose to impose.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs in connection with the transaction.
Strictly by appointment through the Sole Agents: HADLAND CHARTERED SURVEYORS TEL: 01604 639657